Wednesday 9 September 2015

The Lion’s Tunes #7


Welcome to another edition of The Lion’s Tunes.

At the suggestion of a close friend, I decided to put my love of music to good use.

She pointed out to me that since I love music and listen to so much of it, I should share what songs I’m currently jamming to at the moment.

If you follow me on twitter then you’d know I usually tweet about what music has got me all caught up and catching feelings.

I’m by no means a music expert and I won’t pretend to be. Most of what will be written here is information I’ve learned on the net and just my personal opinions on the songs. So have at it...

·         Song: Didn’t Know You
Artist: Karmin

I love how just by browsing Youtube was I able to come across this song. Karmin is most well for their song Acapella and the viral video where the female lead singer manages to Rap Bust Rhymes' verse on "Look at me now". I really love this song, it's moody and poppy but there is nothing annoyingly bubblegum about it. It is just a song that makes you want to be in showdown like the video showcases...




·         Song: Nothing but Trouble
Artist: Lil Wayne and Charlie Puth

I must start off by saying that I didn't like Charlie Puth and I was having a hard time getting into his vibe.
I am not 100% sold on the guy, (maybe because I want to fuck him but I can't have him so that makes me dislike him??? IDK), but dude is talented. You can't hate on someone who is talented because my issues with him aside, he does have one helluva amazing voice. He really has power behind that voice, and also when it comes to getting working with other artists, he really makes a excellent addition to any song.




·         Omen
Artist: Disclosure ft Sam Smith
Album: Caracel

I loved their first collaboration together, Latch, because it was just so damn cool. The Disclosure brothers had teased the release of a new single that they did with Smith all over Instagram, and so by the time that the single came, I was more than ready to let it wash over me. I was really excited about it because while it was recorded a while back, it was the first single that Smith has out following his vocal surgery.



·         Song: Say Love
Artist: JoJo

As part of her comeback, JoJo has released a Tringle, which is a fancy way of say thing that she simultaneously released three songs as her first release for her comeback. She has been out of the music game for quite some time following her legal battle with record label.

I am obsessed with her song Say Love because when you sit and listen to her vocal, you can hear how truly amazing she is. I immediately took to Youtubing live performances and it is as captivating live as what the studio version is.


Additional Mention:

Save My Soul:



When Love Hurts:



·         Song: The Hills
Artist: The Weekend

I wish I had words, but I dont. Chills down my spine for days!



·         Song: Holding On
Artist: Tourist ft Josef Salvat, Nina

There is something hypnotic about this song. Not just the music video (because when you watch it, you will know what I mean) but the song is just so good. I stumbled across this song as what happens when you go into a Youtube rabbit hole. The vocals on the song are just goosebumps inducing and the production is superb as the beat just makes me want to move along.



·         Song: Caviar Dreams
Artist:  PHFat ft Al Bairre
Album: 5fm Mashlab

This song is a 5FM Mashlab, and it is just one superb song. I can't get enough of it. I have nothing else to say. I love how it took Al Bairre's sound and added with Phfat they came together to create this lovely piece of music that more people need to hear.




·         Song: Black Mambo

Artist: Glass Animals

Psychedelic pop is the only thing that comes to my mind when I think of as a way to describe the sound of this group. I love how weird their lyrics and their sound is but there is something about them that is just undeniably awesome. Admittedly their sound is not for everyone but that aside, the song comes from a group that I am just so love in. They are just so cool.



·         Song: Wild
Artist: Troye Sivan
EP: WILD

The South African born-Australian artist released his follow up EP WILD to his first musical effort TRXYE, and WILD is exactly how everyone reacted to the music. No one can deny that the Spud star is quite the talent, and it works in his favour that he is releasing music that is not trying to be something that it isn't. With Troye Sivan's music, it is what it is...and to me it is great. I love the vibe of it, and while I was initially thrown by the song WILD, it is a very good follow-up and I am excited to see where he goes next.



·         Song: Can't Sleep Love
Artist: Pentatonix

I first came to know about Pentatonix, the acapella group, after them winning the Grammy for Best Arrangement, Instrumental Or A Cappella earlier this year. The group then popped up again in Pitch Perfect 2 and it was really after that when I then went on a journey of their stuff. They also made the internet take note following their A Capella Michael Jackson medly (which I will share below). If you are not paying attention to PXT, then you better start because they are on the up and up.




Additional Mention: Michael Jackson Medley



·         Song: Let It All Go
Artist: Birdy + Rhodes

I came across this on my Facebook. I loved the music video, and just how saturated and lush colourful tones that they used. The song itself is pretty emotive and lovely to put on if you are feeling a bit emotional. I must admit this resonated with me quite a bit as it touched of some of my feelings about my break-up with the ex, and that is why I love it because it just speaks to the point of where you have to let it go.


Songs on the radio that I’m currently obsessed with

1.      Major Lazer ft Ellie Goulding & Tarris Riley - Powerful



2.      Carly Rae Jepsen - Run Away With Me


3.      Demi Lovato - Cool for the Summer



4.      Taylor Swift - Wildest Dreams



5.      Hailee Steinfeild - I Love Me

- Yes, Hailee is the girl you saw in Pitch Perfect 2. I was surprised myself by her solo effort but damn. I love it. Also you can't really go wrong when singing a song about masturbation...especially one so catchy.



All tracks should be available on iTunes.

If you have any suggestions don’t be scared to let me know in the comments below.

Theo. Over and Out.

PS- “The right song will find you at the right time

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to share your thoughts...Just don't be hateful.